Kobe 0-1 S-Pulse
Paulo on for Fujimoto (73)
Ito on for Edamura (77)
Ota on for Hyodo (89)
We didn't head out to Kobe, but we did troop over to Shimizu to watch it on the big screen. Despite 31 shots on goal, my mind kept wandering mid-game to all manner of other things. For some reason it just wasn't the most gripping of games. First three points of the season though, and any win away from home is a good result.
No time to write a real report, so a few bullet points to be going on with:
- Okazaki's goal came from a corner, expertly headed back across goal by Johnsen
- Hyodo made too many errors for my liking
- Paulo again looked a class apart after coming on late on
- Jungo started his first league game since his injury and played most of it
- Okazaki did exactly what I was moaning about recently to run the clock down
- Kobe hit the bar, we hit the post, and Paulo would have scored had Okazaki passed late on
- The ref was a little card happy IMHO
- Otsukaresama to each and every one of our fans who made the trip out west today - you did S-Pulse proud!
Here are the official pics (including a cracking one of an airborne, celebrating Okachan). I'm yet to find any proper TV coverage online of this one, but here's a personal video (from a Kobe fan by the looks of it) which has a few highlights, including an OK shot of our goal:
Here's a personal video taken after the final whistle including Loco Loco from around 5 minutes: