Monday 20 September 2010

Emp Cup 3rd Rnd Date Change

BarryBarry writes:

Something I forgot to mention recently was that because of our appearance in the semi final of the Nabisco Cup, our Emperor's Cup 3rd round clash with Mito Hollyhock has been pushed back to Wednesday, October 13th, kick off 7pm.

And while I'm here, let me state the level of importance in which I hold this cup semi final. 2008 we had the BDO to end all BDOs. Up early, trooping off to Tokyo, beers in the sunshine, laughs with friends, painting the national stadium orange. It was the best away day bar none, but it ended in tears.



Last year we were one game away from getting another pop at it, but stumbled. This year, let's not fall at the second to last hurdle. Let's beat Hiroshima, and reward our travelling thousands with another cup final BDO. And this time let's WIN THE THING!

2 comments:

Nerdy said...

In my footballing liife I have seen my teams win 2 things in 36 years...Wolves won the Sherpa Van Trophy now Johnstones Paint whatever in 1987 at Wembley (80,000 there v Burnley, what a day!!) Also Verdy v Jubilo in the Emperors Cup. Those days come round so rarely!! Or maybe my teams are shit.....:) Good luck!!

Barry said...

Ta! I'm also on two - the 3rd and 2nd division titles back to back for Brighton in 2000/01, 2001/02. Those were heady days indeed. Never seen a cup win (although the division 2 play off in 2004 is kind of a cup win, innit?).

God only knows how many thousand of pounds, and hundreds of thousands of yen this has taken. :-D