Saturday 18 July 2020

Kobe 3-1 S-Pulse - NO RELEGATION IN 2020

Barry BARRY WRITES...

Have I mentioned yet that there's no relegation from J1 this season? While much good rarely comes from a pandemic, that is one tiny Coronabonus for three J1 teams. 600k lives lost, but you know. Every cloud.

The first 45 was very even, and there really wasn't much to choose between the two. Given we're of relatively modest means and are in transition, while Kobe are in what, year 4? of being bank-rolled by trillionaires-with-Barcelona-contacts, it was a decent half. That said, even since Daddy Warbucks took over, Vissel are still only finishing a couple of spots above their historical average. For what they splash, returns of 7th, 8th, or 10th are pretty lame. I'd be getting twitchy by now if I wore Rakuten purple.

Where's the Kobe Gyu?

Not to say they didn't deserve to win today, because they did. The scoreline was pretty fair. We should have gone in at the break level, but deep into injury time we couldn't defend a corner at the near post. Bosh. 0-1. The neighbours hear me swear, and the manager's team talk needs changing.

The second half was a different story. We failed to really trouble the hosts, while they made the best of a couple of good chances. Defeat 5 of 5, which is obviously pretty crap (fun fact: it's as bad a start as is possible!) but we have had a few difficult games in there, and we're in transition blah blah blah.

Brewdog, take the pain away

Some easier games are coming up (on paper), though. We just need to keep our spirits up, our adrenaline pumping, and remember what we can do. Because we can play football. I've seen it. And we can score goals. I've seen that, too. (I was always told you can't start sentences with Because or And. Guilty. Unorthodox. Sue me.)

Tosu away on Wednesday. Currently above us with 2 points, but get this: Played 5 - Goals Scored: Sweet Fanny Adams. So come on boys, this is it. We go there, we score. Tosu make it 6 without netting. We go home happy. I get to tweet about a win, and everything seems that little bit brighter.

Right enough of this nonsense. It's 3pm, the sun's out, and I have a BBQ to attend. I may even wear my 2017 home shirt. That's how optimistic I'm feeling. Collective chins up, S-Pulse fans - the good times are coming, they're just under construction.

No comments: